14 Hacks To Ensure Your Drains Keep Clean
A System With A Clogged Drain Is Really Inconvenient Particularly When It Occurs At The Most Inopportune Time. It can lead to hazards like leakage, air pollution due to the collection of stagnant water in the drain, flooding, and even health hazards. Maintenance can be used to avoid situations such as these.
Anything from a build - up of debris, grease, tree roots or other small obstructions can lead to drain blockage. Blockage of drains can occur in the main lines of your drains or in your home.
There Is No Need To Get The System Of Your Drainage Clogged With These Maintenance Tips We Have Put Together For You To Follow
1. A plunger is effective against minor clogs. Use it.
2. Once or twice every week, raise up the stoppers in your bathtub and clear out whatever debris is in the drain. Don't forget to rinse of the stopper thoroughly before putting it back in place.
3. If You Shed A Lot Of Hair, Make Sure You Put A Mesh Over The Bath Or Sink Drain Before Washing It. Make sure hair does not go into the pipes of the bathroom the same way you prevent food from going down the kitchen sink when you do the dishes.
4. To prevent hair from falling into your tubs, brush your hair before you get in so that you get rid of the loose hair before washing or bathing.
5. Get grates installed over each drain in your house by hiring a plumber to do it. Do Not Use Corrosive Bacteriological Drain Cleaners On Your Drains.
6. Prevent root intrusion in your drainage system by planting trees and flowers away from your pipework.
7. Sign an annual contract with a drainage company. The good thing about this is, they perform occasional drainage inspections and maintenance services on your drainage system. Drainage Devon in Devon can offer a competitive deal in maintenance services. Let your household members know the benefits of maintaining your home's drainage system. They should play an active role in contributing to its maintenance.
8. Do not use chemical cleaners on your drains to keep them strong. They can cause corrosion and serious long - term damage.
9. Do Not Throw Rubbish In Your Drains. Always dump trash in the dustbin.
10. Especially avoid putting things in the drain such as fat, grease, coffee, gum, food, medications and condoms.
11. The only thing that belongs in your drain is water and for your toilet; urine and faeces.
12. Straighten A Wire Coat Hanger And Bend One End Of It To Form A Hook. This Hook Can Slip Past Your Drain Cover To Fish Out Accumulated Debris From Your Drain.
13. Occasionally, pour some hot salty water into your sink to dissolve any accumulating grease in your drains.
14. There are several other unconventional tips to take good care of your drainage system. But, just ensure you avoid acidic solutions.
If you have drain issues and these tips don't help, don't overdo it and damage your drain especially if you don't have a contract with a drainage company. Instead of getting frustrated, contact a plumber as soon as possible. If you are a Devon resident, you can always count on Drainage Devon to put a smile on your face.